Sunday, July 31, 2011

This weekend, I went to the mountain-hippie-hotsprings town called Baños. By myself. I had a great time. Some pikturz:


this is what was in my backpack



delicious breakfast, a mess of eggs.



bike ride! get ready for lots of scenery photos


I stopped at a tarabita which is a tourist trap combined with a janky cable car-arrangement.


 



that bag is full of fried pork skins cut into sheets. YUMMMno



wadafal


l


hahah ORAL. Nah this is actually for if there was a volcanic eruption and people needed to take shelter. 



see how the vegetation is changing? I was riding downhill into the jungle. I didn't make it or anything, but it was changing as I went down in altitude. 



self timer to show my joy. 



Cable cars, one thing you should not DIY



sitting by a beautiful river


with ice cream



took a truck ride back up the mountain:


and I did some other stuff that day, too, but there was a lot of this.


 


Love from the Andes,


Dana

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana!

    Or is it Dita now? I love your blog. Your adventures remind me of my time in Spain at your age. Nice photos. It would be fun to hear more about your year. Wasn't it good that we met at Joe's?

    Sue

    ReplyDelete